It’s great that you are interested in the documentary!
On Earth Day 2019, Closing the Loop was released for free open-access viewing on Youtube, with subtitles (close-captions) available in 11 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Persian, Dutch, Italian and Korean:
Free access is also available via Amazon Prime (US and UK only).
- Should you wish to organise a free screening, you can purchase and download the film from Vimeo (Worldwide).
- No further permission is needed, but as a courtesy, we would love to hear from you and the details of the event you are planning.
- If you wish to screen offline and show sub-titles you can also download the close-caption (.srt) file/s (see below) and add them to your media player.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are subtitles (closed captions) available in other languages?
Yes. If you stream the film (Vimeo/Amazon/Youtube), there is the option of close captions (subtitles) in 11 languages. You can also download the close-caption fils (.srt) below and integrated them into your media player:
See for example how to integrate these files into VLC:
Do you have sample discussion questions that we can use with the audience following the film?
Here are a few sample discussion questions:
- How do we reconcile making CE inclusive for developing countries and low income consumers vs adopting global best practice which may be more expensive?
- How does CE help or hinder with plastics pollution (including micro plastics)? e.g. the Dutch Awearness circular suit is more durable & has a lower multi-life footprint, but eventually plastic accumulates in the environment.
- Is circular always more sustainable?
- Do we see the rise of CE greenwashing?
- Will the new EU Circular Economy Package and Environmental Footprint methodology help address these issues?
- What aspect of the film was most inspiring to you?
- What is one action you can take to begin moving to a circular economy?
The CEC Global Screening of Closing the Loop (4-10 March 2019)
The Circular Economy Club, an international circular economy network, is a communications partner of Closing the Loop. The CEC hosted a global screening week on 4-10 March 2019, resulting in events in 80 cities, 33 countries and 3,400 participants.
Cautionary note about REDISA: One of the cases featured in the film was, after our filming was completed, investigated by the South African government for poor governance and financial irregularities by a number of its directors and thereafter placed into liquidation. For further information and advice on how this may affect your screening, see our Explanatory Note here.