It’s great that you are interested in the documentary!
Self-organised screenings are taking place around the world. Permission for free screenings events can be arranged by contacting us. To view upcoming screenings, see our Event calendar (note: not all screenings are listed). To join the CEC Global Screening of Closing the Loop (4-10 March 2019), see below. And for Next Steps, Screening Information, Further Resources and FAQs, scroll down this page.
Cautionary note about REDISA: One of the cases featured in the film was, after our filming was completed, investigated by the South African government for poor governance and financial irregularities by a number of its directors and thereafter placed into liquidation. For further information and advice on how this may affect your screening, see our Explanatory Note here.
Join the CEC Global Screening of Closing the Loop (4-10 March 2019)
The Circular Economy Club (CEC), the international circular economy network is hosting a global event where anyone will be able to screen the first circular economy documentary in different cities worldwide. Join the Screening Week by filling in this form.
Below you will find the steps to follow, the film screening instructions, links to screening resources, and a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you again for hosting a screening!
Vimeo On-Demand provides the most international access and the film is available for rent, or for purchase. Once you purchase the film, you will be given the option to download it.
If you stream the film (Vimeo/Amazon), there is the option of close captions (subtitles) in 12 languages: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Dutch, German, Persian, Italian, Ukrainian and Korean. Closed captions are recommended.
If you are planning to use a projector (such as a cinema venue) that can integrate close captions (overlaid subtitles) and the film file, we can send you the closed captions (.srt) file, just let us know.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are subtitles (closed captions) available in other languages?
Yes. If you stream the film (Vimeo/Amazon), there is the option of close captions (subtitles) in 11 languages: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Dutch, German, Persian, Italian, and Korean.
How do I use subtitles/closed captioning?
To access subtitles from Vimeo, click on the CC Button in the lower right corner and select English Subtitles.
To include close captions when you play the film offline, contact us and we will send you the .srt file.
Do you have sample discussion questions that we can use with the audience following the film?
Here are a few sample discussion questions:
- How do we reconcile making CE inclusive for developing countries and low income consumers vs adopting global best practice which may be more expensive?
- How does CE help or hinder with plastics pollution (including micro plastics)? e.g. the Dutch Awearness circular suit is more durable & has a lower multi-life footprint, but eventually plastic accumulates in the environment.
- Is circular always more sustainable?
- Do we see the rise of CE greenwashing?
- Will the new EU Circular Economy Package and Environmental Footprint methodology help address these issues?
- What aspect of the film was most inspiring to you?
- What is one action you can take to begin moving to a circular economy?